Friday, December 13, 2013

Holiday Happenings


With the holiday season in full swing, I've been busy as ever. Here is what I've been up to. 

On November 22nd, I had another great appearance at Probstfield Education Center's Friday Family Fun Night. The theme was "Kings and Queens", I had a blast helping with the costume/dress up station and was a featured story teller at the end of the night! 

November 26th, was the annual Fargo/Moorhead Xcel Energy Holiday Lights Parade. Though it may have been a very chilly night, my sister queens Sage and Ashleigh and I braved the cold to ride down Center Ave and Broadway on the nearly 2 mile long parade route. Despite the cold we had a blast!





After the Parade of Lights it was back to my home town of Brainerd, Minnesota for thanksgiving with my family. On thanksgiving morning I rose at the crack of dawn to participate in the annual Baxter Turkey Run, benefiting Shriners Children's Hospitals! This was my very first 5k run, I was inspired to go for it by Roberta, the mother of one of my best friends. Roberta has run countless 5k's and after visiting with her recently she really inspired me to just throw my fears aside and give it a try! Im very proud to say that I finished the race in a time above my expectations and I can't wait to run in another!





A few days later on the 30th it was up to Grand Forks, North Dakota for the Miss Grand Forks, Miss Empire, and Miss Grand Cities Scholarship Pageant. In this multi crown pageant the winners of Miss Grand Forks and Miss Empire move on to compete for the title of Miss North Dakota, and the winner of Miss Grand Cities moves on to compete for the title of Miss Minnesota. Congratulations to nights winners, especially my Miss Minnesota Class of 2013 classmate and the new Miss Grand Cities Drew Trahms!











In the Miss America Organization we are very blessed with the opportunity to be servants of our communities. On December 11th, I was able to give back by bell ringing of the Salvation Army. I was located at Cashwise Foods in Moorhead, and with the below zero temperatures I was very thankful to be located partially inside. Over the course of the evening I was overwhelmed by the generosity of the donations I received from customers, I was able to fill two red kettles in two and a half hours, the kettle I started with was so full half way through that it had to be switched out with another. I was also very fortunate to have some great conversations with a few individuals, the compliments and support I received absolutely warmed my heart. 


Though this holiday season has been filled with the hustle and bustle of appearances I've also managed to have some fun in my spare time too! Recently my friends, Amy and Morgan had the opportunity to surprise our friend Kathy with tickets to a Minnesota Wild Game! The four of us had a great   hockey filled weekend!



I this upcoming week I have lots of finals to look forward to. Wish me luck!

Happy Holidays,

Maren Goff

Miss Moorhead

No comments:

Post a Comment